Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I walked into the Peninsula sweaty and carrying my backpack.  I'm sure they thought I was kidding when I said my friend had already checked in and that I was here to meet her in my room.  They were nice anyway-they have to be for how much I am paying.

Our room is incredible. 2 bathrooms-one for the giant bath and two different sink areas and the other for the toilet.  I have been living in places where the bathroom/toilet/shower are one little room where there is a drain on the floor. The beds are luxurious and fluffy, the plasma tv is also in the bathtub, I cant wait to put the robe on.  I have to go early to the airport but I may not sleep.  I'm taking a train-but I have a choice of the Rolls Royce and the helicopter.  I wish.
They gave us a DVD library, free wifi, a fruit platter (which was eaten before I got here) these cool red chinese boxes to take home, and other fun things to play with.

Diana and I had dinner at around midnight. We had a bad taxi ride followed by a walk where I wanted Thai food and she craved dim sum. I told her dim sum was for the AM.  All of the sudden we found a dim sum diner kind of place where they had it till 3 am.  Wow. Dreams do come true. I had hargow and dumplings and soup dumplings until I was ready to burst.  I also had one last Tsing Tao beer for old time's sake. My last legal drink for a long time-and my last beer for a VERY long time.  

We picked up ice cream so I could eat in the bath. I'm on my way.

Will be home tomorrow.

WEIRD
Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment